Wednesday 19 March 2008

Palliative Care Nurse

Last night I was in such searing pain, that my DH phoned the GP surgery this morning, and they have issued me with Oramorph.

At midday my Palliative Care Nurse - Chrissy, called in for the first time. Her first comment was about the bruising around my jaw and neck. Secondly she asked about pain, and I mentioned that I had been prescribed liquid morphine this morning. She asked about nausea tablets also. I said no.
She was straight on the phone, asking for some.

Since then DH has gone and collected some Domperidone, and along with mouthwashes and painkillers the bill was over £30. Just as well I applied for a pre-payment card, and should be able to claim those recent costs back.

Anyway back to Chrissy - she was very kind and softly spoken, she is organising a macmillian grant for me next week (as i am currently not working, and unable to claim any benefits). Her main concern today was getting my pain levels under control, and checking I had the help around me from my family.

She will be back next Friday

In the long term, she is going to help me sort out the social phobia I have.

No comments: