Tuesday 25 March 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

I decided on going to bed last night - that I was going to manage a whole night without painkillers.

.... and I managed it. But my jaw is so very achy today, and my mouth was so dry when I woke up.

I dont want to be on this morphine any longer, yes, it means I am sleeping lots, but how am I supposed to know when the pain subsides on its own?

I lost quite a few stitches from inside my mouth yesterday, which in itself doesnt make the 'new' skin feel so tight.

The last two weeks have flown by, too fast really. I have had lots of tears, and discomfort, but I would really like to wave goodbye to all of that now .... and start living again.

1 comment:

frobbi said...

Happy Birthday! Why don't you just decrease the pain meds from morphine to something less strong. It's easier to gradually go off pain meds.