Friday 7 March 2008

More help

I had a phone call from the Macmillan helpline today, which was in response to the email I sent. It was an Indian lady who was very helpful.

She has told me that I should ask for Macmillan Support at home.

She also gave me the Macmillan helpline, and told me it was a free call, and I could ring about absolutely anything, if i just need someone to talk to, any time of day.

Plus she is sending me some info about financial help, as I wont be working for minimum of 6 weeks.

1 comment:

jewelgurl said...

Hello Siouxsie,
Great name by the way! I was so glad you able to find my blog in your search for information regarding mucoepidermoid carcinoma.
You are so very correct in your discovery that there is limited info available. This is a very rare type of cancer and that is one of the reasons. I am going to suggest that you ask your GP or your oncologist, or your dentist if they can get you some literature off the internet. They oten have access to websites that we don't. Have you discussed what the full treatment plan is or will be? Is it surgery alone or surgery and chemo? If it is chemo.....what kind? You have quite a journey ahead of you but I must say to you, that you my dear are a survivor and I am in awe of you and the warrior that you have become. Kudos to you for starting the blog. More info has to be made available as with the limited amount that is out there, it leaves one feeling alone and isolated. I am sending positive thoughts to you and I will be thinking of you. I will be thinking of you on Tuesday as you have surgery and spit cancer in the eye. Stay strong and feel free to stay in contact with me if you have any further questions or just want to vent.....Hugs, Jill