Wednesday 12 March 2008

Discharged day

Had a slightly better night sleep.

Mr Merrick came around at 8.15, and said he was pleased with me. He explained that the gap that was made in the buccal mucose of my mouth, was reconstructed with buccal fat pad taken from up side my cheek, and dragged down.

Potassium levels were down to 4.8

Face is very swollen and stiff. I can hardly open my mouth, it is a real struggle to get a t-spoon in with the smallest amount of yogurt on it.

Jo Greedy came and saw me. She is arranging for a Macmillian nurse and a counsellor to call into my home to see me.

I had a few tears today before I left the ward, feeling very sorry for myself. Face is still very red and hot, sat with a fan facing me all morning.

I was told I could go home

DH collected me and we got home just after 12 noon

Was given Solpadol 30/500 plus two mouth washes. But nothing to take down the swelling. So DH phoned GP and immediately got a prescription for soluable Voltaren.

Went to bed at 9pm, completely exhausted

No comments: