Friday 28 March 2008

Emotional

Spent alot of yesterday in tears, absolutely anything started me off. Just couldnt shake it at all.

Just had a phone call from Chrissie, she wont be coming today, she will come on Tuesday morning instead.

I told her that I stopped the morphine on Monday evening, and was coping without any painkillers, even though the pain is not entirely gone. She has told me not to be so hard on myself, and take some soluable paracetamols. To swill them around my mouth before I swallow them.

Told her the counsellor is due to ring me at lunchtime, and asked if it was ok to give her Chrissies name. They can discuss me between themselves whats best to do.

Chrissie also said she is gonna talk to my GP, after my hosptial appointment on Wednesday, about my social phobia, and see if she can arrange for someone to come and see me at home.

When counsellor phoned, she has decided now is not the right time to see me. She did say that any time in the future, If I feel I need some help, in coming to terms of the illnesses that have struck me down over the years, I can refer myself to see her, at any time.
She feels if Chrissie can make arrangements for a community psychiatric nurse to call in to see me at home, and maybe refer me to M.I.N.D. (a local charity), that would be a good road to take.

M.I.N.D. have a drop in local centre, who help people learn how to get back into socializing with others. Others who may find themselves in the same boat (Ok, maybe not on the third go at beating cancer) as me.

DH is now on holiday and will be spending the next week with me, we plan on perhaps taking a few days out and being just a couple.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I've read every post on your blog hun. I'm so sorry I didn't read it sooner. I'd love to have been there for you.
You are so brave and I bet you feel so crap. I can't believe what a crappy time you're having - yet again!
You must wonder what you've done to deserve it all.
I wish you were nearer so I could call in and spend some time with you.
Sarah x