Monday 10 March 2008

Admission Day

Rung the ward at 9am, to be told that there were currently no beds available. At 12.15, I was rung back to say still come in at 2pm as planned, because a bed would be there for me at some point during the afternoon.

Once we arrived, we had to sit in reception for half an hour. A doctor called me into a side room and went through my admission bits and pieces. He also told me that the original lump that was removed was low grade - the best possible outcome!

I was shown to my bed, and DH stayed with me until chucking out time (8pm). Mr Merrick popped in just to confirm my concerns regarding my facial nerve. He told me that it would not be affected, as the tissue was being taken from above my cheek and not below it. So therefore being the wrong side of the nerve.

I was measured from TED stockings and given a Celexan injection (to thin my blood)

Didnt sleep at all, all night, tossed and turned.

No comments: