Thursday 10 April 2008

Prepayment Prescription

I have always owned a prepayment prescription card. Due to everyday medication I am on, it works out quite a lot cheaper.

My last one expired end of February, and with all the going ons over the past couple of months, it to expired, there was about a 10 day gap before my renewal card arrived

During that time I was given prescriptions, DH got till receipts with the aim of claiming back the cost.

When I contacted the prescription people they said we needed a FP57 receipt from the pharmacy. I contacted the chemist, but they were unable to backdate one.

So a letter was written and the till receipts sent off the prescription people, explaining my illness etc.

Today a cheque from them arrived for the full amount we had paid for the medication.

There is some justice in the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think that's great! I'd really like to say how much this RX card has been a life saver for me. I'd lost my job because I'm ill, and with that, I'd lost my health insurance. I used all of my savings paying $980.00 a month to Anthem until I had no more to use. I didn't know what to do and then I saw Montel Williams . I have MS also, as well as a history of lung and breast cancer. When I was diagnosed with another illness, I thought my life was over. This card has been an integral part of my pulling my life together again.