Saturday 3 May 2008

M.I.N.D. Centre

(If anyone from M.I.N.D. is reading this, I apologise if any of this posting offends - its not suppose to, its just how I feel today)




Came away from the centre yesterday, very deflated.
Arrived there about midday and sat in the kitchen area. I do not like getting up and being centre of attention, so I opted not to make myself a coffee.

There were quite a few people in the kitchen.

Now don't get me wrong, they all are individuals who have either had total breakdowns, recovering alcoholics or drug users. And I am sure they all benefit from being at the centre. None of them are able to work, due to their various problems. All either help out at the centre or do some sort of voluntary work.
BUT I don't feel that I am in the same league. I was so embarrassed to admit having a driving lesson in 2 weeks time, and I wouldn't be in.

Anyway lunch there was delicious, two of the members did the cooking and we had lasagna and salad.

After lunch we had a reading/writing session for 30 minutes. Where about 6 of us had to write a list of' "You Know You're Getting Older When ........."
Next week its a show and tell session

I did have the option of going up an allotment and helping to paint a shed - I chose not to!

A huge part of me wants to chuck it in. I'm not sure its what I want/need. I would have rather sat at home watching Jeremy Kyle. I just need to gain my confidence with people ..... but people I can actually have proper conversations with

decisions decisions .....

DH says stick it out for a few more weeks, it may improve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sue, you know you can do this. Tried to call you to catch up but not caught you home or are you just not answering. So sorry that I haven't been to visit, time just goes on and I didn't think you'd be up to a visit from an eighteen month old. I saw the picture of your grandson in the paper he's lovely. Keep on plugging away there girl, good luck with the driving. We will have a proper conversation soon. Irene