Friday 29 February 2008

Macmillian letter

Sent this to Macmillan Helpline today: Not sure why, but I really need someone to talk to about it.

Hello,
Not really sure why I am typing this ... as I am still in a bit of a daze really.
I am a 42 year old mother of four.
I was diagnosed when 16 with Hodgkins Disease. I was treated with surgery and radiotherapy from lower jaw - waist. I was discharged from the oncologist in 2006.
In 2005 I was diagnosed with DCIS of my left breast and a double mastectomy was performed, also then being discharged from the Breast Cancer Clinic in 2006.

2007 was hospital free year for me.

BUT on Tuesday, I was diagnosed with Mucoepidermoid Carcinoma of the Saliva Gland.

I am due for a WLE on 10th March. Obviously the results of this will depend on what happens next.

I am totally shocked, I wasnt expecting to be told that the lump that was removed was cancerous, as on first impressions it was a polyp. I went into see the consultant on my own, and really and truly was not in a state of mind to ask questions.

I dont seem to have been able to find info on the internet about it, and could really do with having someone to talk to, about my concerns.

I'm not sure, you would have anyone either locally, or who could talk to me via the telephone.

My contact details are ********

No comments: