Wednesday 27 February 2008

Bloods taken

My Gp managed to get all the blood they needed in one go - thankfully.

Which meant I didn't have to go over to Taunton to the hospital again today.

I asked him about radiation. Normally (according to the little info there is on the internet) this type of cancer is treated with Surgery plus radiation. I was 'saturated' with radiation in 1981 from lower jaw - waist back and front. I have always been told that I could not have any more radiation in that area again.
So I asked GP, if he thought my cheek would still be allowed to be zapped. He was totally honest with me and said that he had never known anyone with this before. But he would assume that my cheek would be allowed to be treated. It will depend obviously on spread and if it goes down into my jaw area. Also will depend how much after the final operation how much face I still have left - to put it bluntly.

Not sure about hospital stay, will all depend on how quickly I am able to get fluids down. I will be on a drip in the meantime.

I was told to anticipate 3-4 days I know its very small in comparison to having my mastectomies, but I am more scared!

No comments: