Thursday 31 January 2008

Surgery Today

I arrived at the hospital, about 15 minutes before my appointment time. DH came with me and we sat watching people come and go.

I was then called in by a nurse. Who issued me with Antibiotics. I had four to take, and was told to go for a coffee, as they had to have an hour to get into my system, before the operation started.

It was a very long cup of coffee.

We went back and eventually I was called in. They went through all my medical notes, and then came the anaesthetic. I was soon very numb.

I had a lovely pair of eye protectors on, and green sheets were spread across my body.

I shut my eyes and let them get on with it. I am not very good with things in my mouth, I tend to gag, and was very conscious of the possibility of throwing up.

The lump was removed, and put into a little bottle. According to the surgeon, it was a complete ball with fluid inside. Didn't look like anything sinister, just a polyp.

He put in six dissolvable stitches, and I was on my way.

I was told results would be back by the end of Feb

No comments: